We feature a lending library of various carrier types. These carriers are available to try out at our educational meetings, which are free and open to the public. You can get assistance from our trained Volunteer Babywearing Educators in using these carriers and others that you might bring from home. In addition, paid members are able to check out a carrier for a month. This is a great way to really find out what works best for you before taking the plunge and purchasing your own carriers. Contact us for more information on our lending library policy.
Our Lending Library Agreement
- Member will not expose a carrier to tobacco smoke or tobacco smoke residue. Do not use a carrier where people are smoking, and do not store a carrier in a place where there is tobacco smoke residue, such as in a car where someone smokes.
- Checkout is for one month only. If you cannot return the item at the next month’s meeting, please return it to a leader in person before the meeting. You must bring it to a leader, leaders are not responsible for coming to you. If you chose to have a third party return it to the leaders, please arrange that. Leaders will not be responsible for third party returns. If mailing carriers must be double bagged and shipped priority insured to the value of the carrier with signature confirmation. Member will be held responsible for lost or damaged mail. Carrier must be arrive at the leader no later than the day it is due. Not shipped no later than the carrier is due. Please plan accordingly to avoid late fees. Leaders can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and at email@example.com
- Late carriers are subject to a late fee of $5.00 per day. Your entire deposit will be cashed and balance will be returned to you after you return the carrier in good condition. Membership privileges are also suspended until all late fees are paid.
- Please return all carriers in such a condition that they are ready for the next person to check out. This means the carrier should be reasonably clean and neatly folded. Please DO NOT wash the carrier without first contacting a leader. You can email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Please treat the carriers with respect. If you ruin a carrier, you are responsible for paying the actual replacement cost of the carrier,at new retail value, including shipping. The leaders in their sole discretion will determine whether a carrier is ruined. If a carrier is damaged, and can be repaired, you will be charged for repairs necessary. Please never try to repair damage you have done to a carrier.
- Violation of these policies may result in termination of a member’s borrowing privileges.
- I understand that neither Babywearing International nor its Volunteer Babywearing Educators can inspect every sling in the lending library for flaws, and I agree to inspect the stitching and materials of any sling that I borrow to assure that it is sound. I further agree that neither Babywearing International nor its Volunteer Babywearing Educators can assure that the slings in the lending library are free from design flaws.
- I understand that babywearing has many benefits but is not without risk, and that the risks include, but are not limited to, falls (either while putting the baby into the carrier or while using the carrier), positional asphyxia (if a baby is held in a position that closes his or her airway), and physical strain for the person carrying the baby. I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that my baby’s airway is open and unobstructed, and that it is my responsibility not to drop my baby. I understand that I am responsible for my own well being and my baby’s while babywearing.
- I understand that Babywearing International Volunteer Babywearing Educators and group leaders are volunteers and are not professionals. I affirm that I am not acting in reliance on any advice received from them and that, instead, I am responsible for evaluating the usefulness and safety of my babywearing technique or device that I use with my baby. I affirm that I will hold Babywearing International and its group leaders and volunteers harmless of and from any claim or cause of action whatsoever arising from any injury to myself or my child related to or caused in any way by babywearing.
- I understand that neither Babywearing International nor its Volunteer Babywearing Educators can inspect every sling in the lending library for flaws, and I agree to inspect the stitching and materials of any sling that I borrow to assure that it is sound. I further agree that neither Babywearing International nor its Volunteer Babywearing Educators can assure that the slings in the lending library are free from design flaws and hold no responsibility for damaged carriers or improper use. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BWI of the Merrimack Valley, its leaders and members, for any harm that may result to you or your child from the use of the carrier.